The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation fights every day to preserve, protect, and celebrate Greenwich Village, the East Village, and NoHo. Our history. Our human scale. Our small businesses. Our cultural institutions. Our spirit of openness and innovation. Our creativity. Our unique and irreplaceable character.
We need you to continue the fight. Please make a year-end donation to GVSHP, ensuring these incredible communities continue on as beacons of hope, humanity, and our shared heritage.
With your help we:
- Have gotten over 1,250 buildings landmarked and secured zoning protections for nearly 100 blocks
- Monitor every one of 6,500 buildings in our neighborhood for demolition or construction applications every day, so we can take action and mobilize the public when needed
- Reach tens of thousands of people each year with our lectures, tours, book talks, panel discussions, historic images, oral histories, research and writings about the history and culture of our neighborhoods, highlighting their importance and the need for preservation
- Educate thousands of young students and real estate professionals on the value of historic preservation in our children’s education and adult continuing education programs
- Support and celebrate dozens of local independent businesses and cultural institutions each year with our Village Awards, Business of the Month, and various programs and partnerships
Shop GVSHP's Special Edition Prints, Posters, Books, and more!